EFFECTIVE DATE: October 15, 2021
By visiting the Site, or using any of our Services, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Site or Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service, including its applicable limitations on damages and provisions for the resolution of disputes.
The Information We Collect About You
We may collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Site or Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You. We collect different kinds of information from you depending on your interaction with our Site and Services:
- Devices. Our Services may include analyzing the applications that you have developed or that are stored on your personal mobile device. You agree that we can access and analyze those applications, the privacy and security settings on your device, and any security or privacy risks associated with your device, and reporting the level of security or privacy risk to you and to your employer or contractor if you submitted the device at the request of your employee or contactor (but we will not disclose the specific applications on your device to your employer or contractor).
- Newsletters and Promotions: You can sign up for newsletters or to receive information about our products and Services by providing us your email address. We use that email address to send you newsletters and other information about our products and Services
- Registration of Account: If you register for an account, or place orders for Services, then we collect your name, email, company address, and phone number.
- Contact/Inquiries: If you contact us or our customer service with questions about purchases, we may collect contact information from you, such as your name, email, phone number nd address, and information about your purchase so that we can better respond to your questions.
In addition, if you are providing personal information for third parties in connection with using our Services, you are responsible for ensuring that you have all required permissions and consents to provide such personal information to us for use in connection with the Services and that our use of such personal information to provide the Services does not violate any applicable law, rule, regulation or order.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including personal information, for the following purposes:
- Provide Our Services
We use your information to communicate with you about your use of our Site and Services, fulfill your orders and process transactions for purchases you make, respond to your inquiries, and provide customer service.
- Provide Personalized Services
We use your information to tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site and Services.
- Improve and Develop Our Services
We use your information to (a) ensure our Site and Services are working as intended; (b) operate our business; (b) better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, (c) develop, maintain, protect and improve our Services, and (d) perform research and analytics, including to analyze and report on usage and performance of our Site and Services.
- Offer Promotions
We use your information for marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you.
We may use your information to detect, investigate, and prevent activities on our Site that may violate our Terms of Service, could be fraudulent, violate copyright, or other rules or that may be otherwise illegal, to comply with legal requirements, to defend or exercise legal claims, to respond to law enforcement or governmental investigations or requests, and to protect our rights and the rights and safety of our users and others.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Consent. Where you have provided consent, we share your information, including Personal Information, as described at the time of consent.
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries solely for the purpose of providing Services to you; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be maintained by such affiliates and subsidiaries in accordance with this Policy.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf. We require them to keep your personal information confidential and only use that information only to provide services to us.
- Business Transfers. We may transfer your personal information to a third party in connection with any proposed or actual merger, sale of our business or assets, corporate reorganization, or bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users and their use of the Services with third parties and publicly for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Please note that except as noted above, we will not sell or share your personal information with any third party for their direct marketing purposes without your consent.
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies), but such disabling will impair use of the Site and Services.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and Services. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will not be able to browse certain areas of the Site or use the Services.
Our Site and Services may contain links to third-party websites or services, including those of brands or manufacturers that often their products on our Site (“Third-Party Services”). Any access to and use of such Third-Party Service is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those Third-Party Services. We are not responsible for the information practices of such Third-Party Services.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should not share your account credentials with any third party. Please note that we are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
What Rights Do I Have Regarding My Personal Information
You may request access, a copy, modification or deletion of personal information that you have submitted to us by contacting us at [email protected] We will use reasonable efforts to accommodate such requests to the extent required by law, provided that (a) we may refuse requests in our discretion if permitted by law; and (b) we may be required to retain personal information to comply with legal obligations, accounting requirements, or for other business purposes. We may request additional information to verify the identity of the requesting party before responding to a request. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site for a period of time.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information for Marketing?
As noted above, we may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you transaction-related e-mails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
Location of Information
Our Site and Services are offered from the United States and is not intended for use outside the United States (we do not currently ship or fulfill orders outside the United States). We store any information we collect in the United States. If you access the Services or Site from outside the United States, you agree to the transfer of your information to the United States, which may have less protections for your personal information than your jurisdiction of residence.
Children Under 13
Our Site and Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Site or Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at [email protected]
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on the Site. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site or if you have an account with us, providing notice to the email address in your account (for this reason you should make sure to update your account information promptly if it changes).
California Privacy Notice
Under California Civil Code § 1798.83, California residents who have provided personal information to Toward Store may obtain information regarding our disclosures, if any, of personal information to third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes. Requests must be submitted to the following address: [email protected] Within 30 days of receiving such a request, we will provide a California Privacy Disclosure, which will include a list of certain categories of personal information disclosed during the preceding calendar year to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, along with the names and addresses of the third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year.